Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Preferences

Somebody asked me the other day did I like light skin girls more than dark skin girls. I hate that question because it implies prejudice on an issue that is preference. I like pretty girls over ugly girls. Thats my preference. But I'll kick it ugly girls all day. I'll even admit I've slipped up and kicked it too hard with some ugly girls. But I definitely didn't PREFER too. Hey I may judge her on the content of her character, but that don't mean i can't personally determine if she is attractive.
Everybody has their preferences of what they like. But rather than being so stuck on why some one doesn't prefer you, Pick someone else. They can't possible be that important if you two haven't got past the superficial stage of a relationship where physical appearance is the determining factor.

People have a real problem admitting they have dating preferences. No one is open to anything and everyone has patterns. It's easy to fall into dating the same type of people. There is a comfort that goes into it. But I always looked at relationships as personal growth opportunities. Finding someone who challenges me to be better. Relationships don't teach you, its the people you have relations with.

I say this to encourage people to date outside their comfort zones.
1. So my twitter feed can consist of less niggas ain't shit (no you prefer ain't shit niggas)
2. Because having an open heart and mind will attract someone with one as well.

As for preferences, either let it go or show a quality they prefer over physical appearance.

1 comment:

  1. I'll even admit I've slipped up and kicked it too hard with some ugly girls. - BAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete