Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Being In Love

Some of my random thoughts on love:

It's interesting because most my peers at this point in life are so anti falling in love. The ironic thing most of my peers are in love. It doesn't take being involved romantically with someone to be in love. You can fall in love with music, your job, writing, food etc. Love is a bond, a connection, an unquenchable thirst to be involved with whatever the object of your desire is. It still leads to the same actions. The difference is it's a lot easier for a significant other to break your heart than music.
I truly believe as we live our lives that we are motivated by the things we love. We'll work a 9-5 to pay the bills but we'll spend all night in the studio doing what we love.
The thing about loving another person is that is people are unpredictable to an extent. And once love for another person starts to leak into your motivations, it can change the course of your life if your not careful.
But being in love with anything changes you. You see what you love in everything you do. Every situation in my life I can think of a song that goes with it. My love for music infiltrates every aspect of my life. Music is always playing in my apartment and it matches my mood as well. Music lives in my soul.
That's what being in love is. Allowing something or someone to live in your soul. And once it's in your soul, its with you everywhere you go. Sometimes that love can haunt you if you didn't do right by it. Sometimes that love can be the one light in your soul when all the chips are down. It just depends on how u deal with it.
I have a lot of love in my soul. And lately I've been adjusting to living with it. Because everyday I would love to wake up and perform comedy. But I can't, not yet. And that eats me up because I love comedy. But I had to learn to live with the pain, and use it to motivate me to one day do what I love everyday. We can't always have what we love, so we have to cherish it when we have it and work hard to earn the moments when we can be with our love again. Rather its a something or someone, Never give up on what you love.
One of the true indicators of true and unconditional love is patience. And when you really think about it, time and patience are always the best solutions when dealing with the frustrations love can present. Love takes time, it's like life in that's a marathon. It's something that requires endurance. So pace yourself with what you love. The reward is in what you put into it, because honestly your just investing in yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment